Whiteclub is a group of ansible playbooks, roles and submodules, to set up a GNU/Linux server with the main tools for a community. Whiteclub is developed thinking about security by default. Whiteclub, also name Anarres.
The goal of this project is to have a brilliant maintenance on a server, focused on communities, hacklabs, clubs, servers. This is done having a methodology when deploying new services on the server, with documentation of all the steps done. This way we will have a server with all the tools well documented, with good maintenance, and with the ability to scale the server easily.
With Whiteclub, you will have the skeleton of a well documented server, with the main tools configured for a community. With some simple steps you can have your server with your Web Page with Hugo, your git repositories self-hosted on Gitea, OpenVPN, etc.
Services deployed with Whiteclub are:
- Letsencrypt. SSL connection on all pages on your server using Letsencrypt.
- Web Page with Hugo self-hosted on Gitea using CI with Drone. Whiteclub offer a basic hugo theme with the main tools for a community, such as: Blog, activities page, RSS, contact page, etc.
- Gitea. Self-hosted Gitea instance.
- Drone. Continuous integration with Gitea and Drone. Very useful, for example to deploy a new version of the webpage when there is a new commit on the git repository.
- Hackmd.io. Collaborative web platform to write markdown.
- Syncthing. Open-source peer-to-peer file synchronization application.
- Tranmission. Open-source BitTorrent client.
- Radicale. Simple calendars and contacts server.
- Taskwarrior. Open-source for managing TODO list from cli.
- Nextcloud. Open source self-hosted cloud.